Friday, 7 December 2007

Last Day of School & First Day of Holidays

Goodbye Mrs Malone

Yesterday was Kiara's last day of prep and Mrs Malone's last day of teaching at St Augustines. This year has just flown by and I actually got a bit teary when I arrived at the school yesterday for the "farewell party". I brought the teachers some presents - Mrs Malone got a beautiful little perfume holder and Mrs Buckly got a Christmas cup with a few Doritos in it which had fallen from the container (embarresting moment trust me). Kiara is in class MA next year and her teacher's name is Mrs Apps (or something like that). She is in the class with a few students from her class this year (Emily, Ashleigh and Chelsea) and they are a nice bunch of girls. Mrs Malone told me that "Mrs Apps" hunted her down for Kiara. So hopefully she has a good year with this teacher!



Mrs Malone & Kiara Mrs Buckly & Kiara

Hello Christmas School Holidays

Today is the first day of the school holidays for Kiara and boy is it going to be a long 2 months. Yes that is how long she will be home with me. The catholic schools finish one week earlier than the state schools and in QLD we finish one week earlier than NSW. Kiara will be spending two weeks with her Nonna down on the Gold Coast and we have Jade coming up for a week just after the new year. We also have Shayden coming up on the 13th January (wouldn't have a clue what I am going to do with him). I am going to have to buy Kiara some crafty things for Christmas. We tried our hand at painting this morning and here is a pic. Gee I wish that I was one of those arty crafty type mums. Oh well we can onlyl try ..........


0 comments: