Friday, 7 March 2008

It's All About ME.......

Ok well I never ever ever get my photo taken. I absolutely HATE getting my photo taken (isn't it the way) but I LOVE taking pics of everyone else. Well since being totally addicted to Flickr and coming across this girls's flickr stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtkb29/ I have decided it was about time to do a Self Portrait. Yes very scary. My little Canon Powershot has the ability to turn the screen around so I can see myself (ewwwww scary) so I did it tonight and this was the result. I think they pretty much show the real me (although I may be a more smiley person than what this represents).

I need to do this more often - especially since one of the pics I have to submit for the Photo Imaging course is a Self Portrait. Anyway, I was thinking that I might even use this to get motivated to lose weight and "fix myself up".......like I could take a pic each day and see how I am improving. However I dont' think I will improve if I don't get enough sleep and I am going to bed most nights at around 11:00pm (and that is early).

Anyho - check these scary things out.

PS - check out that link above - this girl is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the whole concept of self portraits scare the poop out of me. I love yours though. Your hair is mega shiney. Oh and the flickr link you added, my goodness. If I had a face like hers (not to mention her perfect teeth) I would take self portraits too. Whoa.

I love the pics down a bit of your DD with the straw hat on. The ones you said you wern't happy with. They are stunning.

I have to join Flickr and get in on these challenges, I am another one who obviously needs a tripod though. LOL.

Kathy said...

Hye sis, beautiful as always! I love these pics, really shows your personality!

You're getting so good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I would answer your comment here, LOL, May aswell.

I took some more outdoor pics today, much better than the indoor ones, easier to process I find. I take my pics in RAW and process them in Lightroom.

You must have seen my blog just before I posted today pic LOL.