Thursday, 7 February 2008

Knowledge is Power - Am I Superwoman Yet?

See this is what I love about my new hobby. One day I am feeling very disheartened thinking "I am never ever going to know anything about photography" and then I stuble across the best website which has taught me so much in 4 hours (wow I have been on the puter that long????).

Tonight I have gained an understanding of different types of lenses and worked out that mine are pretty cheap and nasty (well what did I expect) and that I now want to buy some "good" ones. So this is my wishlist:

Canon 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 USM II Approx $229
Canon 50mm, f1.8 II Approx $75.00
Canon 85mm, f1.8 USM Approx $500
Lens Hood (didn't even know what that meant until tonight - ohhhh the power is going to my head LOL)

So the last one will have to wait.

Today I stayed off the computer and had a really productive day. Went to the gym, then to my friends for coffee, came home and Kye had a long sleep which I cleaned my house from top to bottom (well not really but picked up all the stray bits and pieces that I have been meaning to put away), cooked dinner then spent entire night on computer. Adrian is pretty good at night with the kids although Kiara is still refusing to go to sleep by herself and is here laying on the floor next to me.

Got some cute pics of Kye in bath tonight which I played with in Lightroom - I think you will like these. Check out the pics of Kiara -this is what happens when Mummy puts the camera in her face one to many times.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

O.......M........G You are becoming the BEST photographer! I LOVE those bath pics of Kye, OMG....You're getting so good sister. I think you are taking amazing pics with the lenses you have now! Cant wait till you can take pics of my bubba!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Those bath pics are lovely, especially the tones in the first two. Nice wish list. The 50mm 1.8 is very nice lens - you will enjoy doing portraits on that one, and the depth of field you can get at 1.8 is really amazing. I also have a Sigma 17-70 which does everything from wide angle landscape to extreme macro. I LOVE it. It had a lens hood with it, but I always forget to use it. ;/