I thought to myself "please don't talk to us". He kept turning around and looking at Kye and laughing at him. Then he asked Kye (mmm) if he wanted to look at the pictures of his kids. Of course Kye said yes and we saw the pic of his 3 kids. He smelt like alcohol and I started thinking to myself this guy is weird cause ever few seconds he would turn back around and laugh. The lady standing behind me started talking to me as she also had a 7 month old little girl and I thought "thank goodness". Anyway, I noticed that baldy (I can call him that as he didn't introduce himself formally) had picked up a $5 soft dog which I assumed was for his daughter (although me being the detective that I am actually did think to myself "he couldn't be buying that for Kye could he" - see this is why I have no surprises in my life - I think about things too much).
Anyway we both were at the counter at the same time and sure enough, baldy handed over the dog to Kye and said "here you go little mate". OMG can you imagine how bad I felt. Becuase of what he looked like I judged him from the moment I saw him and he ended up being the nicest person I met that week. He was very humble about it and when I thanked him and told him how kind he was he sort of just shrugged it off.
So there you go! From now on, I will NEVER judge a person bywhat they look like becuase in most cases they are probably the kindest people you will meet. Here is a pic of the little dog he gave Kye.

2 comments:
That's a good story Na and so, so true. We automatically put up barriers and judge people (I am guilty of this too) and this is so wrong.
Thanks for the reminder.
i know how freaky some situations are and ends up being the best.. I had a similar experience at the dentist recently a chick with peircings everywhere before she went she gave me a hug and wished me the best telling me everything was goign to be fine she was the nicest person so i can totally relate :-) guilty
cheers Jodie
oh and how cute is the dog ..
Post a Comment