Monday, 11 February 2008

Little boy in BIG pool

On Sunday we decided to head on down the coast to 1. visit Nonna before her operation and 2. to get Miou out of the house (edited to add - she is driving me mental - 3 more weeks to go and yes I am counting). I woke up with a very sore head after drinks at Tanya's house on Sat night (thanks Tanya and Paul for a fun night - sorry it cost you on The Mint - lol) so it was a slow process of getting down there. As soon as we got there the girls jumped straight in the pool and Kye followed shortly after. We put his new little swimmers on and he looked sooo cute. He really loves the water and isn't bothered if he gets water on his face - very different to how Kiara was. I would really love to get a pool for the kids. Maybe one day we will just get an above ground pool and build a deck around it.

Adrian's parents and Jewls & Anthony came over after lunch and we headed out on the boat. Well didn't that turn out to be an adventure. I was going to leave Kye with Nonna as we were only going to be gone for around 30 mins - but for some reason I just had this feeling that I should take him. Viv also didn't want to leave him as she felt that it was too much for her (can't 86 year olds look after babies - lol). So off we went and was having a lovely time when we noticed the boat wasn't moving anymore and we were heading towards a sandbank. Then Mark started to stress and that is when I knew something was wrong. Mark was working on the motor and all the time I was thinking imagine if it blew up - you know you hear stories of people on boats and they explode (how terrible would that be). Anyway, we ended up ringing the Marine rescue and they came and towed us back to safety.

Phew! Back at Nonnas, Billy Boy (Nonno) got out his old Nikon SLR camera with the lenses. It was really nice to see an old camera like that - he paid $1000 for it 30 years ago. We spent the last hour talking about photography which was great and he has lent me this very very old book which explains things very clearly. We are going to have a photo night down there one day so I can look at all his pictures from all over the world. After this we went to Kathy's and had a lovely LAMMMBBBB roast (family joke).

Oh and I forgot - more BIG news. Leah and Brandon sold their house on Saturday so will be moving here in 6 weeks if everything goes through ok (touch wood). I am so excited to think that my sister will be up here and so close (she is hoping to get a house very close to us). So that is great news. Feel sorry for Mum though as they are pretty close and I am sure Mum loves going over to her house to visit. And poor mum had her car fire bombed last night and she now has no car - bloody bastards. That is all she needs right now. Anyway, probably won't post much this week as I have a bit going on with school (I am fund-raising coordinator and attending a P&F meeting - who would have thought?).





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that Kye enjoyed the pool. Master T had his third swimming lesson this morning. He's very funny, he goes into a trance, like he's going back to the womb. It cracks me up.

I don't know a lot about lens hoods, but from what I gather, they are generally used on wide lenses to stop light from shining into the lens and creating flares. It means you can be a bit more versatile with regards to which direction you shoot in when there's a lot of light. There is probably a lot more to it, but I'm hopeless with mine and always forget to use it. (The truth is, it doesn't fit in my camera bag. LOL).

I do my storyboards in Photoshop. I don't have templates, I just work it out as I go along. I can help you if you'd like to learn.

Will send you an email or Flickr mail with my email address. You can also find me on Flickr if you add me to your contacts.

Oh and PS. I have a new blog address. ;)

Nicole said...

Hi Naomi! Thanks for your messages on my blog. Your pics are really great. I love love love that pic of the little babys legs (sitting - in your entry before this one). I love the pp'ing on it too.

As for which lens I use - I use the 85mm 1.8 and the 50mm 1.4 (which I have had a few problems with - now waiting for my 3rd lens lol). I love the 50mm for inside and the 85mm for outside.

As for the perspex shots - I just got myself some of the roll up stuff from bunnings. It cost like $25 or something. It's in the pergola section. Clear stuff on a roll. You just put it over your backing (which in my case was 3m of black craft felt) and that's it.

I have no problems with you linking my blog. I have bookmarked yours now and look forward to reading and seeing all your lovely pics.

Take care.
Nicole